"In the eyes of children, we find the
joy of Christmas. In their hearts, we find its
As joyous as Christmas is for most families, for some, their holidays are filled with worry, medical treatments and tests, and pain -- for their child must be hospitalized or she or he needs long-term care rather than being home with their families.
For these kids, Santa doesn't slip down a chimney but rather, often comes in the guise of community volunteers who help make the season bright.
This is the second Christmas season that our own band of dedicated and loving paper crafters have come together to make
I am especially pleased that this year, not only have our numbers of generous crafters swelled so our Hop is over three full days, but also, that we have partnered with another great cause and recipient of our banners!
By teaming up with Madison Womack's I FEEL THE LOVE PROJECT, the banners our crafters have handmade will be going to the hospitalized children at Children's Hospital Central California!
First, let me show you the banner I made for today's post:
Santa Sleigh - Cricut CHRISTMAS cart
Letters - Cricut LIMEADE cart
Red Sizzix die "Pine Tree"
Yellow Sizzix tree die
Sew Ribbon Scallop Tool by We R Memory Keepers
Organdy 7/8" ribbon - Willow - color
Paper: Simple Stories "25 Days of Christmas"
Sizzlits die: Cityscape
Fiskers Tool to ripple paper
Now, have I inspired you to make and donate your own banner or a Christmas card or two to the I Feel the Love Project? I hope so! Because if you will, you'll be entered into a drawing to win Ellen CARDMONKEY's SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS Super-Fantastic Gift Basket!
Throughout the month of December, CARDMONKEY will be adding crafty goodness to this basket so that it will be over-flowing and ripe and ready for under your tree. CARDMONKEY will be picking the winner on Christmas Eve, announcing the winner on Christmas Day, and if you win, you'll have the basket in your hands by New Year's Day!!
Stay tuned to the CardMonkey blog over the next few weeks leading up to the drawing, as CARDMONKEY will be posting the contents of the basket as they mount.
OK, so to win the GRAND PRIZE (all continents are welcome!), here's what you must do:
1. Be a follower of the CardMonkey blog and tell her in your comment howshe can contact you.
2. Leave a comment telling Ellen what you plan to make and send to the IFTL project by their deadline, December 10. Then do it! Go to www.ifeeltheloveproject.blogspot.com for mailing information for your card or banner. Your card or banner MUST be received by
NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME?? You can still win great blog candy just by being here and commenting on as many banner makers' blogs over the course of the next three days.
Since we have more than 50 banner makers today, tomorrow and Monday, Ellen will be picking 5 blogs at random, and then one random comment from that Blog site, for that commenter to win one of five great prizes, which are:
6. In addition, Close to My Heart Independent Consultant Lucy Kelleher will award a $20 gift certificate to a randomly-selected hopper who visits her blog (http://love2createitall.com) and/or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/LucyK.CTMH) and posts a comment about the banner blog hop!
P.S. -- Be sure to check out as many blogs as you can, as several will be providing their own blog candy with their own requirements. If I catch them along the way, I'll add them to this list, as a shout out of gratitude, and also so you don't miss out on some sweet candy(canes!)...
Here is the Hop line up for Sunday, November 11:
YOUR NEXT STOP is: Lissa Marie - http://somanycrafts.com/
Thank you again for visiting us here for a beautiful and worthwhile endeavor. God bless all the little children wherever they spend their holidays!!
For Saturday, November 10:
- Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
- Jessica - http://jessicascraftshaque.blogspot.com/
- Lezlye - http://lezlyes.blogspot.com/
- Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
- Shawnee - http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com/
- Scrappin Madge - http://thescrappinlounge.com/
- Jessica E.~ http://chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
- Kimi ~ http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com
- Janet ~ http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
- Theresa Neubaum ~ http://www.scrappyartcrafters.blogspot.com/
- Khrista - http://creativeandcraftyteacher.blogspot.com/
- An'Jenic - http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/
- Jennifer R - http://craftycardgallery.blogspot.com/
- Gloria W. http://gloriawest.blogspot.com/
- Ellen ~ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com/
- Marianne - http://paperorfabric.blogspot.com/
- Beckie ~ http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com/
- Tami - http://tamboscreations.blogspot.com/
- Heather D. - http://joemamainks.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Susan B - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
- Jamie M. http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
- Linda Simpson - http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com/
- Theresa ~ www.thescrapbookingqueen.com_
- Vicky - http://www.luvmygypsy.blogspot.com/
- Debbie T- http://debbiescrafttime.blogspot.co.uk/
- Pam Funk - http://dreamersklub.blogspot.com/
- Shelly - http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/
- Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Lisa L. - http://lisascreativeniche.blogspot.com/
- Nancie - http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/
- Dorcas - http://craftycardangel.com/
- Debbie _http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/
- Rexann - http://ibecircled.blogspot.com